Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Sportster: Trust


We stood in the garage looking at the bikes. Jay stood next to me, his arm wrapped around my waist. “D’s been really reckless with me. The first time I had it on the street he took me into rush hour traffic.” I said as I stared at the Sportster.

Jay sighed, “That was probably a bad idea. Are you scared to ride it now?”

I thought for a moment, “I’m scared but not enough to stop riding.”

He nodded, “let’s go then. I’ll take you out around town, maybe the highway if you want.”

My eyes met his blue ones, I thought about it for a moment. I could still sense that at some point in time the Sportster would hurt me. “Okay.” I said in almost a low whisper.

He smiled, “you are going to be just fine sweetie.”



D pulled into the driveway as I rolled the bike out of the garage. He stepped out of the truck and paused, “what ya doing?”

“Jay is going to take me out.” I said, hoping he wouldn’t be mad.

“Oh okay. Do you want me to come?” He asked.

I shrugged, “if you want to.”

He sighed, “Are you still mad at me?”

I leaned the bike onto its stand and straightened up. I pulled my ponytail out and made it a bun so I could slip my helmet on. I was avoiding answering him.

“I’m sorry. What I did was stupid. I realize that. I can’t push you any further then you are ready for.” D said still standing by his truck. Jay sat down on his bike, trying to pretend he wasn’t listening.

“I appreciate the apology. I just want you to understand I’m a little bit afraid, and I don’t need anymore stupid shit to fuck me up.” I swung over my bike. “Are you coming?” I knew if we continued to hash out the problem it would turn into a fight.

He sighed and looked over to Jay, “I’ll meet you down at the pizza place for dinner, just call me when you guys get there.”

Jay nodded, “Will do.”

D looked over at me, in a low voice he stated “take it easy. Jay is an aggressive rider.”

I sighed, “I’ll be fine.” I started my engine, I could tell D was being protective, it annoyed me. I felt like Jay couldn’t have done any worse then D had the day before.



To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment