Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The New Life: Deja Vu


I laid my head onto his chest and snuggled closer to him. He gently ran his hand over my bruised shoulder and sighed, “I think maybe you shouldn’t do such dumb things.”

I snorted, “I didn’t have an option, I wasn’t getting out of it. If you had been there with me maybe it wouldn’t have happened.” I sighed and closed my eyes, “D means the best, it was just a dumb idea.”

He sighed heavily, “Maybe you should leave the bike alone until you go to class.”

“That’s probably a good idea.” I said breathing his cologne in.

“But you aren’t going to do it are you.” He said in almost a whisper.

“Probably not.” I said in a kind of whisper.

He laughed, “You are so head strong.” He kissed my forehead, “But I suppose that’s what I love the most about you.”

I opened my eyes and smiled at him, “Did you just say what I think you did?”

He smiled back and winked, “maybe.”



It felt familiar. My blood ran hot through my veins, the only thing I could manage to think was “holy shit, I’ve been here before.”

No comments:

Post a Comment