Sunday, March 4, 2012

Deadwood Haunting- Part 2


I was just about asleep, or maybe I was completely asleep, when Sonny appeared at the corner of the bed. She was in her usual slacks and pull over sweater. Her hair was neatly pulled into a bun; her glasses perched on her square nose. “Hey Babes.”

“Hey Sonny.” I whispered.

“How come you are hurting?” She asked. “I thought we had this fixed.”

Tears welled in my eyes, “we did. But for some reason its hurting right now.”

“Hum.” She said then sat down on the bed, “What’s going to fix this?”

I shrugged under the covers, “nothing but time I guess.”

She smiled, “let me show you something.”

“This isn’t going to be like ghosts from Christmas past is it?” I asked, already sensing the answer.

She flashed me her “car sales man” smile, “That’s exactly what this is.”

“Fine.” I groaned sitting up in bed.

“Good.”

We didn’t leave the bed, the walls disappeared around us and suddenly we were on the second date with Handsome, me lying in his arms, whispering I wanted to be his girl. The relationship passed before my eyes. “It hurt him a lot when you left.” Sonny mumbled, “He’d never admit it to you or himself, but it hurt him somewhere inside. What hurt the most was how quickly you moved on.” She proceeded to show me the night out with Bowman and then the rest of that relationship.

I sat numb in bed as we progressed through everything. “I’ll save you the pain of the breakup.” She whispered and with a flick of her wrist we were back in the room at Deadwood. “You’ve always believed in Karma.” She whispered.

“Oh Sonny. Am I doomed?” I mumbled fighting the tears.

Sonny shook her head, “I can show you my prediction of the future, if you want to see it.”

I nodded.

“This isn’t how it’s written yet. But this is how it could be written, depending on you.” The room disappeared again. This time she narrated the story. “You are going to go back to being happy. Back to not feeling the hurt of what happened.” She showed me shooting alongside Bowman, “the pain he caused you will fade away and soon you are going to forget it.” She paused as the image went on. We stood together shooting, talking, and being civil. “You aren’t going to ever love him again.” My heart panged in my chest as he faded.

“But you will love again. Its going to be the strongest love you’ve ever felt.” More appeared in front of me, smiling, my image moved into the picture, he embraced me and kissed me. “Your love is going to be pure, but you’ll doubt if he loves you.” The picture moved to us shooting together, riding the horses, and even dancing somewhere, some place I didn’t recognize. “One of two things will happen.” The picture divided, “More is going to fall in love with you, over the course of time, once everything he’s going through is over you both will be in love with each other. It’ll result in a union that will outlast time.” She motioned towards the other picture, “however if you don’t stop doubting it will divide you. After his divorce he’ll leave you. Even if he does you will find someone else, someone that will spend forever with you.”

I winced as I watched both pictures. “I’d rather the first option.” I whispered as my eyes met hers.

She smiled and flicked her wrist, it all faded. “Then listen to me.” She paused as she took my hand in hers, “You’ve got to stop it, stop the worrying and stressing, stop moping. You’ve got to enjoy the journey. Patience and Karma will pay you in ten folds if you can just relax. Do what you can to build the good karma. Keep the patience and don’t divide from it. Even if More isn’t the man I see in your life, there is going to be another. Next deer season the one who teaches you how to clean is the one who loves you. He is the man you are meant to spend the rest of your life with.”

I blinked, “what does deer hunting have to do with anything.”

She smiled, “he’s going to be in Alaska with you.”

I blinked again, “Sonny what does hunting have to do with love.”

She sat straight up, “Love develops in the oddest places.” She blinked at me.

I lost my voice; I stared at her, her blue eyes beaming with an un-earthly glow.

“Becks, you will find love. It may not be tomorrow, it may not be soon, but it will come. Just be patient.” She was gone with that.

To be Continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment