Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The New Life: Have a Little Bit of Faith


When I sat down to write this post I was thinking about my D-Day on the 23rd and the breakup anniversary on the 27th. I wanted to write something about how both of them effected me, how they built me to become who I am today. But I couldn’t. Instead I found myself thinking about the only thing that has kept me going, Faith.


When I was 14 I went through something that I thought would tear me apart. It started with physical abuse and quickly escalated into more. I remember praying, for the first time in my life. I remember the peace I found in prayer. Afterwards I found myself in church, often.

It’s not that my family isn’t religious, but church was never high on the Sunday morning priority list. My relationship with God is one I can’t explain very well. I make it to church maybe once a month, if I’m lucky. But I pray every night; every time I swing into the saddle I feel closeness with God. If it hadn’t been for my Faith I probably would have lost my marbles a long time ago. I believe He will protect you in the light and in the dark, all it takes is Faith.

Through the past six months I’ve kept my cross on my neck. It was given to me by my Momma when we went to San Diego. It’s seen a lot of wear since then. I look forward to the day when I can give it to my daughter, to remind her that she’s always got somebody with her, no matter how lonely it gets.

"When you have done all you can do, raise your hands and give it to God"

Matthew 7:7 "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you"

No comments:

Post a Comment