Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Sonny's Shoot


This weekend was Sonny’s shoot. D and I had agreed that I needed to be there for it. So I came and I shot. I chose not to compete Friday night; I was struggling with the pain in my knee and a developing pain in my shoulder. But I did shoot Saturday morning.
I shot my personal best of 291 in competition. It’s still not the 300 I am looking for, but it’s closer! I had a lot of fun shooting with my old friends from JOAD. We shared our memories of Sonny and our experiences. I was happy to know I’m not the only one she visits. I was also happy to learn that a couple of the girls from my class are working on competing nationally.
Sonny would have been proud of me. She would have been happy with how I shot, although I am sure there are a few things she’d probably change. In a couple of weeks I’ll shoot AAC’s last shoot of the year. I’m hoping to catch my 300 there.

No comments:

Post a Comment