Friday, March 2, 2012

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Welcome to March


This month I’ve got a crammed shooting schedule. On March 3rd I travel with the Big D up to Hot Springs SD and shoot their 3d tournament. March 9th and 10th I am shooting my home shoot. March 17th I’m dropping down to Scottsbluff to shoot their turkey shoot. Finally on the 24th and 25th I am traveling to Omaha to shoot in a memorial shoot. In the midst of it all I will have to find time to shoot my spring turkey.



It’s going to be one hectic month, I’m still teaching on Tuesday nights and shooting league on Thursdays. My new string isn’t completely broke in, but I’ve shot it everyday since it was changed. Last night I shot with Bowman, actually stood on the line next to him and shot, the urge to beat him with my bow wasn’t there any longer, must mean I’m finally healed. Maybe it’s just because Farmer was standing there with me to. But this blog isn’t about that.



This morning I noticed vibration in my string when I anchored, the perpetrator my peep tubing. R convinced me to get rid of the tubing, so far my peep hasn’t rotated, so I’ll stick with it until I have problems, knock on wood. I’m happy with how my bow is shooting at 20 and 30 yards, I made some adjustments to it this morning and it’s shooting center, hope I can keep it up through tomorrow.



Wish me luck, I’ll be back with results! Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment