Monday, April 9, 2012

The Sportster: Deadwood


D and Jay showed up in the driveway Sunday morning at seven. I heard Grandma welcome them before I realized who it was. I was still in bed, attempting to get over my hangover. “Is Beck here?” D asked.

“Yeah she’s back in her room.” Grandma said.

I heard someone open the gate and sighed, wishing they’d just let me sleep. There was a knock on the door, “come in.” I said quietly.

The room flooded with light as the door opened, “Hey you.” Jay said as he closed the door behind him.

I could immediately smell his cologne, “How come you are here?”

“Well I’m happy to see you too.” He said as he sat down on the bed next to me.

“I’m sorry Honey, I had a lot to drink last night.” I whispered.

He smiled as he brushed my bangs off of my face, “It’s okay. D and I thought we’d steal you away.”

I laughed, “Steal me away huh. Where are we going?”

He thought about it for a moment, “How about Deadwood?”

I lay in bed quietly for awhile weighing my options. I could stay and deal with my family or I could disappear for a few days and let them fight without me, “sold.”

He laughed, “We brought the bikes. You wanna ride up or haul them up?”

I laughed as I sat up and said in a mocking tone, “Real bikers don’t haul there bikes. Did you bring The Sportster?”

He nodded his head, “But you don’t want to ride that far do you?”

I shook my head, “No but I was hoping I could do some riding.”

“Why don’t we take the truck up then, that way we have all the bikes up there.” He said, ignoring my comment from earlier.

“Yeah that’s fine.” I reached over and turned the lamp on. My head immediately pounded. “Just give me some time to pack.”

“You don’t need the whole room.” He said with a laugh.

“Smart ass.” I said as I put my contacts in.

He smiled and kissed me, “missed you.”

I kissed him back, “I missed you too.”



To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment