Monday, April 16, 2012

A Bowhunter's Legacy: The End of The Season


My goal for this 3D season was to break 300 in competition. The season is pretty much over with my home shoots being finished this weekend. I still have a couple of shoots to shoot in Omaha and Lincoln and one in Kansas City. However I haven’t broke 300 yet. My last Omaha shoot I shot a 294 and today at home I shot a 297. I’m really close to my goal I just haven’t reached it yet.

The wall shots have gotten to the point where I only hit the wall on the moving bear, usually because I’m leading it to far or not enough. I’m happy with that progress. I’ve also become confident in shooting, I don’t get distracted, I’m there to shoot and nothing is going to get in the way of that. But I am also getting burnt out.

For the last couple of weeks I haven’t had any fun shooting. I’m hoping that once we start playing archery golf that problem will go away. League season is pretty much closed, we are just playing follow the leader on the 3d course until its time to move outside for the summer. Spring turkey season is on right now, if I had a hunting buddy I’d be out shooting right now, but I don’t so I’m not. I’ll save the hunting for the fall. My goal with hunting is to shoot my grand slam this fall and next spring. It requires a Merriam turkey, Rio Grande, Eastern, and Osceola turkey. It’ll require some traveling!

This summer I’ll be shooting the Wild Cat Hills shoot in Scottsbluff and the R100 shoot in Grand Island. I also want to shoot the state games, but I’m pretty hesitant about shooting in that stiff of a competition. However if I don’t step outside of my comfort box I may be stuck as a mediocre shooter for a long time. Guess we will see what happens! Happy Shooting and be sure to stay tuned to the blog for more Bowhunter updates, just cause the season is done doesn’t mean I am too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment