Monday, April 23, 2012

The New Life: Replacing Nightmares


Recently the nightmares have been replaced by gentle dreams. My favorite so far is this one.

The sound of the early summer wind through the cotton wood trees fills the air. I lean down and put my head on my knees as I stare out across the meadow. The clearing is now in full bloom. The choke cherry trees are blooming, the leaves are coming in, and the grass has started growing again, there is a sense of Hope and Renewal in the air.

I sigh and close my eyes, listening to my surroundings. Through the wind I hear footsteps in the dried leaves from fall. I open my eyes and look over to find Bowman walking towards me. I smile as he waves to me; my heart flutters in my chest.

He sits down next to me and looks out across the meadow. “I want to be Us again” he says over the wind.

I smile, “me too.”

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I rest my head on him.




If I could pause this dream I would. I’d stop it every time and just soak it up.


Maybe one day. Hopefully one day…




But I see the new dreams as a sign that I'm finally healed over the heartache, ready to get back to the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment