Saturday, April 28, 2012

From The Saddle: Sweet Cheek's Turn


Today I’ve asked Sweet Cheeks to guest write. I’m starting a new job, haven’t been to Omaha, and dealing with some family drama. So it’s Sweet Cheeks turn while I search for my sanity...



Momma asked me to write this blog today. Sometimes I’m pretty sure she’s lost her marbles, but hay as long as the sweet feed and cookies keep coming it’s whatever!

It’s been several months now that Momma has been out of sorts. Sometimes I worry about her, especially when we are out on an adventure and she just seems to check out.



Sometimes she leans down and whispers into my ear that she loves me. I already know that Momma, who wouldn’t love me. Sometimes she just sits in silence and lets me wander aimlessly around, which is fine, but I miss the days when we had goals in mind. I miss the days when we went to shows every weekend, I miss traveling.



I wish I knew how to make Momma feel better. Sometimes when we go stand in the trees she’ll tell me what she’s thinking about. She says maybe it was a mistake to give her heart out. Then she sometimes asks me if I think she'll ever find someone to love like she loved Him.



Who’s him? Did he get a cut of the cookies? Momma you already make me share with the other horses and now I have to share with Him… What the heck? Is him the one who rides that really loud blue thing? If it is Momma then you need a reality check, he hasn’t been around in months, I'm pretty sure he's found a new herd.



Momma says she’s been gone alot because she's learning how to ride. I'm pretty sure she already knows how to do that. I think it's related to that big white truck and trailer that show up every so often. I stand in the pasture and whinny at it but I never get a sound back. It's strange...



Love you Momma, hope you get back to normal real soon, after all I know the show season has already started and we haven’t left the ranch once… Get into gear; don’t make me bite you on the ass like I do the rest of my mares!!! Figure it out cause I'm tired of waiting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment