Monday, April 2, 2012

From The Saddle: The Upcoming Rodeo


In a few weeks I will bite the bullet and start riding my fillies. I’m expecting a rodeo and sure hope I can get some help on the day I decide to take the first rides on them. Guess I’m going to have to make some phone calls. But I wanted to introduce you to them, ya’ll are probably going to be hearing a lot about them soon!


This is Red Ass Rhubarb, or Ruby. If you are wondering where the name came from it’s my favorite wine. This filly was Bowman’s birthday present last year. She was out of one of my favorite mares, and I thought it’d be a great gift for him.

It’s been close to seven months since I gave her to Bowman and really started working with her. She used to be hesitant with me, she didn’t want to be haltered, and she didn’t want anything to do with a saddle. I’m overly pleased with how well she’s come along in the short amount of time I’ve been working her. She still doesn't want to stand to have her feet trimmed, it's something we are working on. I think I’ll keep her around for a little while longer, we’ll see what happens, I’d love for him to be able to ride her and enjoy her, after all I did hand select her for him…





This is Legado De La Luna, or Luna. She’s my baby. She and Ruby are both the same age and are both coming along nicely. She’s getting stocky like a Spanish mustang would. I adore her and her personality. Luna is named after the only other mare I ever got along with, Moon. She too will start her saddle training in a couple of weeks, I’m really excited to start riding her. I’m sure it will be a battle since nothing else has been so far, I had her haltered the second time I touched her and I’ve laid the saddle on her numerous times.

No comments:

Post a Comment