Friday, April 20, 2012

The New Life: Parting Ways

Sometimes there is a reason you can’t learn to love someone else. Maybe they have to much baggage, their personality doesn't match yours, or maybe it's because they are hiding something from you. My reason for not being able to love Jay was the later of the bunch, he was hiding several things from me... All is NOT fair in love and war....


I’d been home from Deadwood for two days when my best friend from high school called.

“You are dating Jay?” Was the first thing out of her mouth.

I paused, “Yeah why?”

I could hear her tense over the phone. She seemed to be thinking about how to say what she wanted to say. “There is something you need to know about Jay.”

I sighed, “Okay, tell me then.”



Looking back now I suppose I should have seen the signs. His explosive temper, the way he seemed to sit and stew on everything that didn’t go his way. It was one of those times I needed D and his friendship.



I’m just glad that it didn’t take him beating me to realize what he was… I guess that sometimes all you have to do is listen to your heart, it'll tell you the truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment