Thursday, April 5, 2012

The New Life: ... x2


“It’s called a residual haunting. But are you sure you didn’t imagine this?” Beans asked as I sat on her patio.

I shook my head, “they were as real as you and me.” I said quietly. “But I thought a residual haunting usually happened after someone died.”

“No the theory is a residual haunting is like a video tape. Something in the atmosphere recorded it and it just plays over and over. Usually they are events that have a lot of emotion in them.” She said as she handed me a glass of ice tea.

I took it and stared out across her yard, “Interesting.”

“Residual haunting is most common after a traumatic event, that day wasn’t tragic.” She said, almost speaking to herself, “I suppose it could have been triggered by the energy you carry around with you. I wonder if it would happen to someone else.”

I sat quietly listening to her babble.

“How would you feel if I came out to see if it happened to me?” She asked.

I shrugged, “if you want to.”

She nodded, “I do.”

“Does it mean something?” I asked.

She shrugged, “It could have a possible meaning. If you really heard yourself on that day then it wasn’t a residual haunting.” She paused thinking, “let’s see what happens when I get out there.”

I nodded, hoping I wasn’t going crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment