Sunday, May 27, 2012

The World's a Little Dimmer Tonight...

Dear Leroy,

It broke my heart this afternoon when I heard you had lost your fight. I will miss you so very much, but I know that you are no longer in pain and that you and that big gelding Laker are back on the trails once again.
Grandpa always tells stories on you, just like you always told stories on him. I have two favorites, you rolling down the hill out back in a tractor tire your change flying out of your pockets, its funny because I could see you doing it, and the next when my uncles and grandpa hooked the outhouse seat up to the tractor battery and made it electric. I guess that's why the door still doesn't hang straight.

You were an amazing man, always laughing, I never remember you without a smile. You encouraged me to ride when no one else did. You were at my first horse show, probably cheering the loudest. I always looked up to you and felt as if you were family.
Your battle has been long and hard, and while it breaks my heart you've gone I am happy that you are finally out of pain. Enjoy the knee high grass up there, I'm glad you can see Laker again. I hope you'll visit me though, because the world won't be the same without your hearty laugh and wide smile.

Love you more then words can express and I'm happy I got to see you at branding time, and that you helped me wrestle my first calf.
Rest in Peace,
Becki Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment