Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How Far I've Come


I was looking through my post schedule all the way back for 2010, when I first started writing this blog. It made me reflect on how far I’ve come. Originally I sat down at this very computer to express my ideas and concerns with training my horses. The original title “Beck’s Horses” reflected that. There were four main characters, Me, Sweet Cheeks, Boo boo, and my now ex-Hubby.

Around my 21st birthday things drastically changed. My marriage fell apart and this blog became my outlet for my frustrations with life. The name of the blog changed in 2011 to “Barn Bound and Saddle Sore”. I’ve had a lot of questions about what it means, when I picked the name it didn’t mean anything to me, but now I realize what it signifies my ride through life and how I’m headed for home and incredibly sore from the ride.



Over time I introduced the mini blogs, The New Life, From the Saddle, A Bowhunter’s Legacy, and most recently The Sportster. Each mini blog has taken on a life of its own. My readership has grown and changed over the years, and I want to say thank you to those who were here at the beginning and thank you to everyone who has joined the ride! I appreciate each one of you!



The characters have changed too. Sweet Cheeks and Boo boo are still here. I’ve added the White Filly and Red Ass. The guys have changed as well; my ex-hubby is no longer in the picture, neither is Handsome, Jay, or even Bowman. Maybe one day there will be a Mr. Right, maybe someday. In the meantime my friends, D, Sonny, Beans, Big Rick, and Stephens are taking care of me. Friends come and friends go, the true ones are the ones you hear about the most. They are the ones who’ve really helped me through the hard times.



The blog has become the catch all for my life. Something happens and I think to myslef “that needs to go on the blog”, so I’m immediately writing the post in my head. Good things happen, and so do bad, you hear about it all! Sometimes I over share, sometimes I feel like I don’t tell you enough. But I enjoy writing the blog, and I hope it’s enjoyable for you to read. I originally started telling the whole story hoping that one day someone who needed to know that you can make it through hard times would read it. I want each reader to know hard days come, but so do good days. You should always push through the hard days, because the good days will follow and the good ones are more enjoyable when you’ve been through the hard. Remember it is always the darkest before the dawn.



But this blog has taught me something, life doesn’t always go your way, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t go the way it was meant to be. A couple days ago it taught me something else; sometimes people can’t love you the way you want them to, but that doesn’t mean they don’t love you the best way they know how. As a matter of fact both lessons have been a pretty common theme lately.



There are some changes coming in my life right now. I’m starting a new job and hopefully school. I’m learning how to ride my motorcycle, and picking up the sport of riding side saddle. Over the summer I’m going to work on becoming more competitive as an archer. It should be a pretty awesome summer, with the chance at love, the goal of 5,500 miles, and a guarantee of hot summer days.
No matter what happens, I hope you’ll hang on for the ride!!!



XOXO

Becki Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment