Saturday, May 19, 2012

The New Life: Sonny's Meddling


“Oh come on now the perfect ones do come along.” Sonny said as I relaxed in the clearing.

“Well this one is a little to perfect. I think you are screwing with me.” I said imagining I’d have ticks all over me by the time this conversation was done.

She let out a loud laugh, “Fine I meddled. Just give it a try and see where it goes.”

I sighed, “If I get hurt.”

She cut me off, “then I’ll take the blame.”

I nodded, “fine then. But you could stop meddling.”

She smiled, “If I hadn’t meddled you never would have found him. Besides I never intended for you to get hurt badly, and you didn’t so stop your bitching.”

“Yeah but you wrecked a perfectly good bike.” I mumbled.

“Well some things happen. You’ll get over it.” She stared out straight across the meadow. “Besides you can’t prove I did it. I’m just a figment of your imagination as far as the rest of the world is concerned.”

I snorted at the remark and wondered if she really was just my imagination.

“I’m as really as the sky is blue.” She said softly.

“You scared the crap out of me.” I whispered.

“If it hadn’t happened you wouldn’t have met Charming. Just give me a break. It’s all okay.” She said quietly.

“Does D know?” I asked.

She shook her head, “he’d be mad at me for that.”

I nodded, “he sure would have been.”

“Yeah well whatever the saying is about candies and nuts and Christmas.” She said out of the corner of her mouth.

“If ands and buts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas.” I mumbled.

“Yeah something like that.”

“Is he as good as your making him out to be?” I asked.

She smiled over at me as the wind picked up, “he’ll soon show you.”

I looked away for a second and when I looked back she was gone. I nestled my face in my hands and let a moan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment