Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The New Life: The Show I Won't be Watching...




We sat talking about our trip to KC when the advertisement turned on. I paused and stared at the TV. I immediately thought about Bowman and Hometown and The Club.

When the ad was over I sighed and went over to the bar and poured myself a Coke and Jameson, feeling the urge for a strong drink. I poured half a glass of whiskey and then topped it off with Coke.

“They’ll make TV about anything these days.” D said as he stared at the now muted TV. “You going to watch?” He asked over his shoulder

I took a hard swallow of my Coke and Jameson as I walked back to the couch, “Honestly watching it is just going to make me miss Bowman. So no.”

“It’s a different club and you already miss him.” D said, pointing out the obvious.

I sunk back down onto the couch, “I won’t be watching. I don’t need to watch some stupid show.”

“I’ll DVR it just in case.” He said searching for the shows name.

I sighed, “It’s a stupid show.”

He nodded.

“Curiosity killed the cat.” I mumbled then took another hard swallow.

“Uh huh.” He said fixed on the TV.



I rolled my eyes and thought about Bowman. Watching that show would make me miss him, just like American choppers, Top shot, and Sons of Anarchy already do. Except this is a show about a club…



I won’t be watching…


No comments:

Post a Comment