Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The New Life: The Mechanic

So you are probably wondering where the pictures have been lately. Well Blogger and my computer are in a fued... so until that gets sorted out no pictures. I've got some of Deadwood, the horses, the wreck and a couple of the Sportster as the restoration work starts... hang in there eventually I'll get them posted. In the meantime I shall write...



“I understand you’ve had a bad couple of days.” Charming said as he stood next to me.

I nodded, “Yeah it’s been bad.”

He wrapped his arms around me, “Well is there anyway I can make it better?”

I shrugged as I took a breath of his cologne, “maybe.”

He laughed, “get your stuff.”



Later as we lay in bed watching a movie I couldn’t help but be happy. There was no heart ache, no need to rush into anything, just the sense that the moment was all I needed. “You okay?’ He asked.

“Yeah. Why?” I asked back.

“I just felt you go limp and I was worried.” He said quietly.

I smiled to myself, “I’m just happy.”

I looked up and he was smiling too, “I’m glad you are happy.” He brushed my bangs out of my face, and I felt as if that moment could last forever.

“Thanks for making things better.” I whispered.

“Anything for you babe.” He said softly.

I looked back at the T.V., “I can’t believe Charliy just let you come up.”

He laughed a little, “I had time saved up for a rainy day. The dealership is pretty awesome to work for, they understand.”

I sighed and thought about my Sportster parked in his uncle’s garage and how he’d promised me it would run better then ever. “How’s the sporty?”

He chuckled a little, “she’s got some gremlins.”

I nodded, “D wants to sell her, says its bad luck to keep her around. But I feel a bond with her now.”

“Yeah.” He said softly, “well she did pretty much save your life.”

I nodded, “she’s done more for me then you’ll ever know.”

 “It’s funny what inanimate things can do for a person, how they can take a life on of their own.” He said softly.

I thought about her, “She’s like my sister.”

“I’ll take good care of her.” He whispered and then kissed me on the forehead, "Everything is going to be okay."

I knew it would. I knew she’d come back to me running better then she ever had, with a new paint job and chrome, I had faith in his mechanical ablities. It was then I knew quitting riding wasn’t an option, it was also then I knew that the mechanic wasn’t just working on the Sporty, he was working on me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment