Monday, May 21, 2012

The New Life: The Truth Could Set You Free


I sunk down onto Beans’ couch and nestled up next to the throw pillows. She sighed as she sat down in her chair, “What’s up?”

“Shouldn’t all this pain be gone? I was sure it’d be gone by now.” I mumbled.

She chuckled a little, “there is no defined time it takes for a person to heal. It would help if the wound wouldn’t keep getting cut open.”

I sighed and closed my eyes and tried to distance myself from the pain, “remember why I wanted to leave Hometown.”

“Of course, because the thought of him with someone else. What happened?” She asked.

“I saw him with his new girl. On the motorcycle.” The image popped into my mind and I was forced to open my eyes to brush it away, “It hurt so much more then I imagined.”

She nodded, “I’m sorry it happened.”

I sighed, “I met someone new.”

She nodded again, “I know that.”

“He’s great.” I mumbled.

She just nodded.

“Im tired of hurting.” I whispered, close to tears.

“I know that to.” She said quietly.



We sat in silence for awhile. I was softly crying, thinking about the past, not living in the moment at all. Beans finally spoke, but it was quiet, almost to herself, “What I’d like to know is if he’s still hurting too.”

I shrugged, “does it really matter?”

She took my hand and traced her finger over the little line in the palm, “The truth could.”

No comments:

Post a Comment