Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The New Life: New Direction


I shivered as I looked across the lake. I stood on the edge starring at the ducks that were ignoring me. I sighed and sat down on the bank. I watched the trees dance in the chilling fall day. I wrapped my coat closer to me and closed my eyes.

Thinking about the emotional wreck I’ve been lately made my heart sting. Thinking about the fact that in 14 days I’ll be 22 and celebrating another birthday alone, made it hurt worse. I opened my eyes and watched the fall sandhills around me. The ducks quietly chatted amongst themselves. I decided I need a little bit of direction.

So I’ve been thinking about it, thinking about who I’ve been for the last couple of months. I decided the Becks that was here, isn’t going to be the Becks that is here next year. So I started making some goals, setting some direction. I started the list, I’m sure it will grow but here is a start.



Life Goals:

  1. Find a job that I enjoy. One that I want to do; one that I look forward to every morning.
  2. Figure out how to make myself happy, not depend on someone else doing it



Fun Goals:

  1. Get back into the show ring
  2. Take a motorcycle class and buy my own bike
  3. Get Luna started



Relationship Goals:

  1. Find someone to have fun with and just enjoy having fun
  2. Don’t worry about getting married or the future, it’ll happen when the time is right

No comments:

Post a Comment