Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birthday Gift to Myself


It took a little note from one of my girls for me to remember it was my birthday today. I never forget my own birthday. But for some reason this year I did. It’s odd to think that on this day last year I decided I wasn’t happy. It’s been a year, and theoretically my heart should be healed enough to give to someone, except I kind of ruined that a couple weeks ago.

I decided that rather then a physical present this year I’d give myself something else, happiness. I’m making the real changes, not just talking about it, because I deserve to be happy. Today I won’t be heartbroken, even though I want to be. Today I won’t cry myself to sleep, because I choose to be happy. But there is one thing that I can’t change, the missing, that’s just something I’m going to have to learn to be happy through, no matter how much it hurts.

I made a wish today on a shooting star. Made me feel like a kid, maybe since it’s my birthday the Archer will decide to let me have it. But then again maybe he doesn’t have control over those kinds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment