Thursday, November 3, 2011

The New Life: The Always Present Corgis


The last couple of days I’ve been sick. Let’s call it the stomach flu. My corgi’s, who normally love everyone but me have been very lovable. Almost obsessive. I came home from work today exhausted and feeling worse then yesterday, but they were right there, waiting at the door for me.
Addie and Cody, summer '11
Adalade, Addie, never sleeps with me. If given the option she sleeps in her kennel or on the floor. She's never been a cuddler. But over the last couple of days she's begun to snuggle with me at night. It may just be the winter coming, or it may be her knowing I don't feel well either way I'm happy. I love having a snuggle bug.
Addie, Summer '10

Kodiak, Cody, has always been a snuggler, ever since he first came home. But he's become independent most of the time. He's the man of the house, and he knows it. He's protective of me, but he liked Bowman, and only Bowman. He's annoyed by The Big D, and extremely unhappy when other men enter the house. He's my protector, my man.
Cody, Summer '10
I adore my corgis. They were with me through the divorce. They can't not love me, they are pretty much stuck. I've been silly to think I'm going through this alone. My babies will always be with me. My always present corgis.

No comments:

Post a Comment