Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Upgrading Bows

I’ve been drooling over the Matthews Jewel for a little while now. I’ve wanted a Matthews for over a year now, I shot one the first time last year while bow hunting with Texas. It’s probably the smoothest bow I’ve ever shot. I had the chance to shoot a Matthews Jewel up at Black Hills Archery a few weeks ago. It’s amazing. Orgasmic.
It’s not a cheap bow, it’s rather expensive. Course I’m a girl with expensive tastes, see the Harley Sportster.

I could pull the specs off of the website, but they are right there for you to read, if you so please. Let me tell you why I like this bow so much. The let off is 20 % more then the bow I currently shoot. If it’s not really it sure feels like it. I feel like while yes I’m pulling 50 pounds I am only holding 10. I like the look and feel of the Matthews. It’s a light bow, even fully outfitted. It’s quiet, so quiet I was left standing there wondering if I really had just shot the bow.
The grip is amazing. My fingers found their proper place without any help. If held correctly the grip reduces the risk of torquing and grabbing. I struggle with grabbing, hell I struggle with torquing. But I shot the Matthews Jewel without any of those problems. I was grouping within a half-inch diameter.

We all know that pink is my favorite color. But I’m thinking for 2012 I need a new color, maybe electric teal, similar to my Harley. Guess what, the Matthews comes in electric teal. Lucky Ducky, yep that’s what I am.

So now it’s time to pull out the doe eyes and work on D. After all he is the one who thinks I need to become a competitive archer, he’s the one who said he’d buy me what ever bow I so pleased... One problem, he isn’t too much of a Matthews man, hum I’ll have to work on that…

No comments:

Post a Comment