Saturday, April 30, 2011

Welcome to The New Life

When I first realized I was going to be going through a divorce I started the series The Road to a New Life. It was filled with my whining about my ex. My hurt feelings, and complaining about how hard it was to move forward. Ugh. But it did help me get through some really rough times, it was my outlet.

I've been separated and divorced now for six months. My life has completely changed in that short amount of time. I'm optimistic once again. I'm happy and full of life. The original, real, Beck is back, and here to stay.

So I decided that I would start a new series entitled, The New Life. I am also going to be adding a horse series entitled, From the Saddle, which will contain only adventures from the saddle and show ring. Both will be joining A Bowhunter's Legacy, which has pretty much taken over this blog, weekly.

So Let's Start of The New Life, right here and now!

A Month's Progress

There is always something about April that turns me upside down, it's like Topsy turvy month! When I was younger I always blamed it on the weather changes. In Nebraska the weather goes from winter to summer in about two days, but for some reason this April has been different. We are still getting small, insignificant, amounts of snow, and if you know anything about me it's that I hate snow. This year I'm thinking I can't blame my Topsy turvy emotions on the weather. Instead I know for sure what the problem is, major life changes.
I happy with my life changes. The original Beck is back. I've developed my outgoingness (yes I'm pretty sure I made that word up), happiness, and spirit for life once again. There was a period of about 14 days where I had reverted back into my old ways, mostly because of my ex and the fact that my bow isn't cooperating with me, but the morning I woke up and realized I wasn't happy was the morning I shut all of that down. Sure I'm still struggling with my bow, and im not sure ive made all the right decisions, but that doesn't mean it has to effect me so drastically.
The life changes were for the best. I really enjoy being happy again. I really know now that the only way I will ever be truly happy is if I make myself happy, I can't depend on someone else to do that for me. I've committed myself to continue on with my happiness and changes. I'm ready to move on, I've stopped questioning that fact, I am ready.

Welcome to the New Life, It's going to be an unforgettable ride!
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment