Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shooting Through the Pain

A couple of days ago I was in a horse accident. My horse went left and I rode him right, all the way to the ground. I smacked my head on the ground hard enough to make my nose bleed. If it hadn't been for my helmet I probably would have broke my head. I bruised my back and shoulders and am probably suffering from whip lash. I have a bruise the size of Texas on my back and another one the size of Rhode Island on my leg. I'll live of course, but it really shook me up. Even worse then some of the other accidents I've been in, simply because I fell on concrete.

I'm shooting back tension now, guess what you have to use to shoot back tension, your back muscles! Mine are currently bruised and throbbing with pain! Shooting through the pain is not impossible, it's just painful! I'm shooting 60 arrows a day right now, working my way up to 100. I've been really inconsistent as of late, let's blame that on my injury. Sounds like a plan.
My goals after the pain is gone is to consistently shoot back tension, and stop trigger punching. That may very well require a back tension release. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure it will. With a back tension only release I can shoot a two or less inch group, with my current trigger I am shooting a six or greater inch group. That's inconsistency if you ask me.

If I could get rid of this target panic I'd be golden. Ugh, I guess I shouldn't worry to much, I've got time to get everything sorted out...

Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment