Sunday, April 3, 2011

Love the Spring

Its been really nice weather for the last two weeks. Things have been moving forward at such a quick pace that I've hardly had time to breath. I've been shooting my bow a lot. I need to be practicing as much as I can, next week I'm going turkey hunting with the Big D in the Pine Ridge. I've also been shooting my handgun a lot, I have concealed handgun class coming up in May, I'm pretty excited for that. But most of all I've been riding a lot.
Today it was cold and windy with a little bit of snow but a close friend of mine came down to ride today so we rode. Boo boo is becoming buddy sour. It's going to take a lot of time and work to get him to settle back down. But right now I've got to many irons in the fire. So he may be going to a friend so he can work him for me. Ugh, I absolutely hate not being able to train my horses everyday. This summer I've lined up help to train all of the horses in the North pasture. That totals twelve. It's going to be a busy summer I can already tell.

I've been working with the archery club for a couple of months now. I've come up with some ideas I need to run past the president of the club but I'm really excited because I think he'll like the ideas too. One is to add a Ladies shoot to the season and possible add another shoot to the season. I also want to line up a end of season party for the club. My hopes are that it will attract some new members and keep the club growing and running.
In the mean time I've been shooting great. Paper all the way. We shot 3D this last week. I did pretty well. Only hitting the wall 4 times out of 20 was pretty exciting to me. They were mostly fives, but at least they were foam!!! I'm going to keep working hard. After the season ends I intend to go back to the blank bale and work all summer until deer season in September to get myself to setup the same way every time, and to make good shots right out of the box. Oh so much work. I really wish there was an archery coach close by. Maybe next time I'm in Omaha I'll have to line up a lesson. We'll see....
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment