Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Season Close

The 3d season at my local club closed this past weekend. I shot three out of four sets of tournaments this year. I had a blast doing it, I learned a lot, and made some good friends. It was an up hill battle all the way, but I fought tooth and nail to get it done. I thought about quiting more then once, but I fought with myself to keep going. It helped to have encouragement by those new friends of mine.

I've got a couple of months before the season starts again, which means I have a lot of time to sort my shooting technique out. C taught me to do what's right by me. So I intend to shoot and shoot and shoot some more until I get consistent. If that means 40 arrows every single day, then that is what it means.

There are several hunting trips planned for me this year. I'm pumped about all of them, but I do need to build confidence in myself. I feel like if I walk into the hunting trips without being prepared and being the best shooter I can possible be by then, well then I've not only let myself down but I've let everyone pulling for me down too.

So I've set some goals for myself to accomplish by the end of summer.
I want to have a consistent draw and anchor. No more changing anchor points every shot.
I want to be able to have a grip on the bow that doesn't inhibit it from shooting the best it possibly can.
I also want to be shooting paper at 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards.

My goals for next season? Well I haven't set any yet. I'm just focusing on the next couple of months. But seriously I HAVE to get my act together...

No comments:

Post a Comment