Monday, April 25, 2011

Pull, Pull, PULL!

I had my pro lesson up at Black Hills Archery today. It was great, my pro is a really great teacher and I walked away from my lesson with no frustration. He properly fit my bow to me and helped me work on my bow arm. I have been having a problem with dropping my arm, it took five shots and that was fixed. Then we moved on to the more difficult thing, back tension.
I must say I really like shooting back tension. It does make my muscles sore, but I'm hoping that once my muscles develop my back won't hurt so bad. So now I need to invest in a reliable back tension release, with a safety.
Right now I'm not so worried about where I am hitting. I'm worried about my form and pushing and pulling. I have to set myself up then close all conversations with myself and think, pull, pull, PULL! It works and I just love the surprised feeling, I'm not sure why but I do. Maybe it's because its not frustration!
Well I'm off to shop for a release. Any recommendations?
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment