Wednesday, April 6, 2011

That Explains A LOT!

When I went from shooting half an inch of the paper at sixty yards to shooting two inches off the paper I was very mad. I figured since the arrow was hitting low I was dropping my arm. When I went from shooting dead on to shooting left at thirty yards I was even more mad. I figured I was torquing the bow.
When I went from dropping and to the left back to wall shoots I was furious. And then the light at the end of the tunnel struck me like a train. MC was examining my bow, figuring something had gone wrong. Sure enough the cams were out of time. He went to reset the cams and realized that the cams weren't properly installed. So he fixed it.
I shot six arrows out of it after he repaired it. Paper all the way, dead center. The true test will be Thursday when I shoot foam once again. We shall see but so far I am relieved to find that it wasn't really me all along!!! Wish me luck I'm hoping to have solved my current laments!
I still intend to spend the summer on a blank bale, making my form top notch. I really want to shoot the Cheyenne triple crown, but I'm going to have to be a lot more consistent to do that. I have a new shooting buddy, Miss Abbie. She's picked up shooting once again, a lot like I did, after a long vacation. She is already shooting dead on at 20 and 30 yards. She'll be ready for the last shoot of the season, and I am I really looking forward to having her there with me, she's a blast!!!
As for lessons, the Big D assures me he'll teach me a thing or two when he gets here. I hope so, cause hes the best I know!
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment