Monday, April 11, 2011

No Improvement

I'm still stuck in a rut. A deep deep rut. This weekend I spent six hours shooting. There was no improvement. Even after all the repairs to the bow. So I've bit the bullet, I made an appointment for a pro lesson up at Black Hills Archery in Rapid City South Dakota. Its a drive, that's for sure. But It HAS to be done, I have to figure out my problem.
I know one lesson isn't a guarantee that all my problems will be solved, but hopefully my instructor will be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me how to fix it. I've heard rave reviews about him, I hope he's as good as the say. This may be the make it or break it point. I'm tired of struggling, I just want mild improvement!

This weekend I'm shooting the season closer here at the range. I know I shouldn't be competing, but I have to, I can't help myself. Miss Abbie and Chief will be shooting with us. I'm really excited for her, she's a lot of fun. I've helped her get back into shooting and it makes me happy to see her hitting the bulls eye right off the bat, even though I have nothing to do with it. She's a natural and I am soooo happy she's gotten back into it!
There is talk about starting a women's league next year. I think it's a great idea and I hope we can recruit more women to shoot with us. Here I am talking about the future, I guess I'm not completely ready to give up, I'm just close...
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment