Sunday, January 23, 2011

Settling Into the Shot

Ever since my big ol' bow bruise I've been working extra hard to settle into my shots. A fellow archer showed me a little trick to beating the "trigger happies". It really works and I am now starting to settle and relax deep into my shots, which also improves my accuracy. I'm now shooting a fully loaded Golden Eagle, borrowed from one of the guys until I can afford one of my own. I'm so lucky to have such great friends, they really take care of me, Thanks Guys!

It's a really nice bow, even if it isn't a parallel limb. I couldn't be happier with the way I preform with it. I still need to clean up my shot, last Thursday I was still all over the paper. The problem stems from my bow arm. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, I suspect it's still muscle weakness, but for some reason just as I get ready to release my bow arm twitches, not every time, about two out of five shots. I guess I should voice my concerns and ask the guys to watch me shoot, maybe they'll have some idea and help me improve it.

In the meantime I'm enjoying shooting. I've had a lot of fun down at the range, the guys are sometimes the comic relief in my melodrama. I look forward to every Thursday, because no matter how horrible the week was shooting just melts away the stress. I'm all set up for the 3D shoot in February, if I get proficient I may even travel with some of the guys to a couple of shoots in neighboring towns. But I want to shoot my home range first before I embarrass myself somewhere else.

Well that's all from the range for this week!
Missy.B

No comments:

Post a Comment