Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Goals for 2011

This year I have three factors in my life that I want to set goals for. My horse career, archery, and well being.
Here are my goals for 2011:
Horse Career:
My life long dream has been to compete in the Olympics. While I know full well I won't make the 2012 team it doesn't hurt to start working towards my ultimate goal. I intend to compete at the highest level possible with Sweet Cheeks and work Boo boo into the big time.
I also want to set aside more time for my unbroke colts. They are only getting older and the longer they spend in the pasture untouched the wilder they get. I've enlisted help Pecos Bill and a new bronc rider Brian, AKA Buzz. I've got enough help now that it should be really easy to get these colts started.
Finally I want to grow my horse ally circle. I would love to have a group of friends to go on trail rides with. It's always nice to have horsey friends to bounce ideas about training off.

Archery:
I've been shooting for three years now and I have never been this motivated and serious. Two years ago I made a promise that I won't break. I promised Sonny that I'd learn how to bow hunt. Well I went bow hunting for the first time last year, I didn't get to take any shots, therefore I didn't get my buck. This year I want to get my buck, not only for myself but for Sonny.
I also want to improve my scores and start competing in shoots. I need to improve as an archer. Of course it would help to have new equipment, but like I've said before I'm pretty proud of the legacy I'm continuing. I want to compete this year. I've made friends down at the range, I'm not going at it alone, they would support me no matter how big of a fool I make of myself. Out here I've found nothing but support, and I am grateful for that!
Lastly I want to build up my confidence so that I'm not so worried about what other shooters are thinking. I want to be confident in my skills!

My Well being:
I'm getting a fresh start, I'm getting to move away from the bad, my future is in my control. I've already made some progress, I've dropped my baggage and found my inner peace. I want to keep this forward motion. The road is going to get rougher. But I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. I foresee myself happy. I see myself living my life to the fullest, doing what I love.
A lot of my single friends want to find "the one" this year. They turn to me and ask me if I want to find "the one". Here's what I have to say about that. I'm going through a divorce. Emotionally I'm not stable enough to find "the one". I'm not stable enough right now to even worry about dating. I intend to live my life to the fullest this year, and if along the way "the one" finds me, great he'll have to be patient. But if he doesn't find me this year, that's okay too, I'll worry about finding him next year, 2012.

I just want to be happy, and I'm hoping that all these little goals will help me reach my happy place. I've heard good things come to those who wait . . . well I'll wait for a little bit, but pretty soon I'm going to get restless, I want to meet my goals

Missy.B

No comments:

Post a Comment