Monday, January 10, 2011

Setting Up

This weekend marks a really important part of my life as an archer, my first 3D shoot. I'm overly excited, considering I never had the confidence in the past to shoot in one of these. I've practiced on the 3d animal targets before, but I've never scored a round. I know full well I won't win, but what does it hurt to try.

Yesterday afternoon was spent down at the range helping the guys clean up some of the targets. I learned how to recore a target, while it doesn't sound that exciting I had a lot of fun doing it, probably the most fun I've had in awhile! In the process I've made some more friends. I find it really intresting how easy it is to make friends when I put myself out there and leave fear behind me. Moving forwad is such an awesome feeling.

I'm going to be practicing extra hard this week, I'd really love to clean up my shot before the shoot. But I've also got a lot of things going on this weekend. So we'll see how much time I actually get in.

Missy.B

No comments:

Post a Comment