Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Sporster: New Paint


Charming and I sat down with a buddy of his who specializes in painting bikes. We talked about repainting it the cool blue it once was. I frowned and Charming asked me what exactly I wanted.

“Something pink.” I said.

“Oh Lord. Your bow is already pink, even your cute undies are pink!” Charming exclaimed.

I smiled, wanting to say even my next wedding dress is pink, but I wasn’t sure I wanted him to know I already had it. “No we aren’t talking solid pink.”

D seemed to relax a little, I figured he wouldn’t be to excited to keep a pink bike in his garage.

“I want something with my nick name on it though.” I said quietly drawing out a heart with a crown on it.

The painter nodded as he watched me do it, “it’s workable.”

“Maybe solid back with this logo, little faintly pink hearts hiding in the paint.” I mumbled as I kept drawing.

“Why the hearts?” The painter asked.

I smiled as I remembered the first time someone had called me by the name. My eyes met his, “because I’m the queen of hearts.”

He nodded, “I’ve got some ideas.”



The Sportster rebuild is almost complete. She’s running better then she did from the factory. She’s got new exhaust and intake. Her transmission was an easy fix, or so I’ve been told. We were so very lucky her engine wasn’t damaged in the wreck, it would have been a whole lot more work.

She’ll be going in for paint in a couple of weeks, I’m so very excited to get back on her! So excited I’ve got biker fever!



Here’s just a little taste of what’s to come…




No comments:

Post a Comment