Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The New Life: Young and Wild and Free


Charming had been laying low for a couple of days. He had known I had heard the rumor about him and his ex-wife. When he finally called me all he said was, “I am very sorry and I understand if you don’t wish to talk to me.”

“Did it really happen?” I asked, not sure I could handle the truth.

There was a long pause, “unfortunately yes. She stayed the night at my house the other day and it happened.”

It hurt, knowing I had just started to let him in, “why?”

“Honestly Beck, I don’t know. It was a mistake. I care you for you so deeply and I don’t why I let her attempt to ruin our relationship.” He said softly.

I sighed and looked out across the meadow in front of me, “Okay.”

“Can you forgive me?” He asked.

I had already, it was a part of something I recognized after the wreck, the fact that I tend to hold onto things and develop a bitterness. “yes.”

“So where do you want to go from here?” He asked.

I sighed, “Honestly I don’t want to just jump back into it. Let’s just take our time. Be friends and see if a relationship is really going to work.”

“There is someone else, isn’t there.” He said quietly.

“No, but I’m not in a hurry. I want to enjoy myself right now; I don’t want to have to worry about working on a relationship for awhile.” I said attempting to make him understand. “I have to learn to trust you again.”

He sighed, “Whatever makes you happy.”



Truth be told I am happy right now being single, sure the first night I partied way to hard, but afterwards I realized that being single has its ups. I don’t have to explain to him why I drunk texted my ex, why those whiskey and cokes were going down so smooth, I don’t have to explain to him who drove me home. Hell I don’t have to explain anything to him and right now that’s just how I like it. Being young and wild and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment