Friday, June 22, 2012

The New Life: Sensitive


I sat straight up in bed. My blood raced through my veins, I was panting and sweat was rolling down my face mixing with the tears falling out of my eyes. I flinched as the dream repeated in my head. I stumbled out of bed and found the light switch. My breath caught in my chest as I realized all to well to wasn’t just a dream… it was meant to be a premonition.



My momma calls me sensitive, so does Beans and even Big Roy. They say I’m capable of seeing things most people cant. I have a special awareness to the future. I could feel the gremlins in the Sportster; I knew the hurt was coming. A couple weeks before the breakup with Bowman I predicted it, and the day of my wedding I knew there would be a divorce. I knew Bowman had laid his bike down before he had come to tell me. The dream the night before had haunted me, but I had chosen to ignore it. I knew Blue was sick before he told me, I knew time would be precious with him.



It’s an odd sense to feel those kinds of things.



This time, this dream, I have a feeling I should not ignore…

No comments:

Post a Comment