Saturday, June 9, 2012

The New Life: Walking Away from BS


My tolerance for bullshit has faded. It started after the wreck, when I realized I’d been living wrong. I’ve made changes in my life to become a better person, to live life a way that when I look back I can proud . I’ve made changes to make myself happy. I get up every morning and ask God to make me better then I was yesterday, and to make me better tomorrow then I am today.

So this afternoon when my blood family decided that they wanted to talk shit about me I choose the higher road and walked away. I attempted to let go of the bitterness it was creating. I promised myself I wouldn’t stoop back to where I had come from.



It’s a real shame that a family has to act like that. It’s a shame we can’t just support each other. It’s a shame a fucking shame.



I look at it in this light, one day the shoe will be on the other foot. One day I’ll be able to look at them and say well you did this and this and this wrong, and you are a fool for doing it. But rather then judging them for it, rather then saying what I could, I’ll simply say “Do you need some help right now? It looks like you are struggling.”



In the end I’m living my life for me and me only, and God, well he will forgive me my short comings….

No comments:

Post a Comment