Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The New Life: The Key to my Heart


Yesterday evening I was driving home from the archery range. It was dark and in the distance a thunderhead produced sharp lightning. I glanced occasionally out the window watching the lightning meet the ground. My radio was turned low and I could hear the highway under my tires. I suddenly heard over the radio lyrics to a song which struck my heart.
"Well, I don't want the whole world
The sun and moon and all their light
I just want to be the only girl, You love all your life
You love all your life"
I reached up and played with my necklace as I listened to the song. The pendant was heavy in my hand as I twisted the chain. The key to my heart. It physically represents the actual key to my heart. From the day I bought the pendant I've worn it, I keep it close. I've learned that who ever is going to get the key to my heart is going to have to be a pretty great guy.
"Well, I don't want the whole world, no the sun and moon and all their light
I just want to be the only girl,
You love all your life
You love all your life
You love all your life, life, yeah"
Who is that really great guy? Is it Handsome or someone else? I'm not sure. But I do know he's going to have to be amazing whomever he turns out to be. The man who gets the key to my heart is going to have to treat me the best Ive ever been treated. He's going to have to put me in the top of his priority list. I'm pretty easy to live with, I'm a woman who loves to shoot bows and guns, I love being outdoors, I love going down to the bars and having a good time. I don't ask a man to not have friends, I don't ask him to spend all of his free time with me, but I do ask that he loves me unconditionally and that he is there for me when I need him the most. Did I mention I'm a whiskey girl? I'm pretty unique and interesting.
"Would you catch a couple thousand fireflies, yeah
put them in a lamp to light my world
All dressed up in tux and bow tie hand delivered to a lonely girl, to a lonely,
lonely girl"
I've been through a lot in the past, but I'm working on letting it all go. Some days I do really great about leaving the past behind, but some days I find it nearly impossible to just leave it alone. I do know one thing for sure, I don't want to add anymore bad to my life, I'm ready to let the bad go.
As for being happy, well I'm working on it. Sometimes I am over the moon and other times I'm ten feet below the ocean. It happens, it's part of me and part of my obsessive compulsive disorder. But sure enough I realize I am the only one who can make me happy. I realized that a long time ago, it's just something I need to constantly remind myself.
I'm enjoying the ride, for the most part. It's been rough, it's going to stay rough for a while. But eventually I'll get to the smooth part and life will be great. It wouldn't be as interesting if there weren't bumps in the road.
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment