Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The New Life: A Ghost From the Past


There are two types of people in this world. There are the people who when you tell them you are the happiest you’ve ever been say “I’m so happy for you. Your life is finally going right!” and then there are the people who try their hardest to drag you back to the bottom the second they find out you are remotely happy. I am currently dealing with someone from the past whom is the latter of the two.

It seems he finds me every time I become happy. He’s always got something to harp on, some snide remark, and some attempt to ruin my happiness. It’s worked in the past, but today I decided to call him out. I choose a long time ago to not deal with him. I choose myself over him, I decided that my life was more important then anything he ever had to think about me, but he choose to be an asshole.

He’s found out I’m in a loving, genuine, relationship and it’s driving him crazy. He’s made it his goal to make me miserable. Well I can promise you one thing, this is my vent, this is the last you’ll hear of it because he won’t ever affect me the way he wants to.

Even though he is an asshole, I’m happy for him. His life seems to have gotten better. Of course I’m not directly involved and quite honestly I don’t want to be involved. But on the surface he seems happy. I am not going to try and ruin that for him. I just wish he could give me the same courtesy.

Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment