Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pink

It's taken some time but I think I've finally calmed down enough to talk about this. I was at the range with my new arrows on Thursday when a fellow archer, who meant nothing by it remarked about my pink "Barbie" arrows. He was joking and I took it as such, it didn't bother me one bit. But shortly there after I received a text from a "friend" who had just read my blog and saw my new arrows and the fact that there was "a lot of pink" on the blog. He remarked that I wasn't a real shooter or bowhunter if I was shooting anything pink, be it arrows or a bow.

I took a lot of offense at his remarks, I don't think that's a joke. I may be inexperienced. I may not be the best shooter in the world. And I know sure as hell I'm not perfect. But I am a serious shooter. I live, breath, and bleed archery. I spend hours reading about shooting techniques and products. I support other archers, I learn from their successes and their failures. I learn because I want to grow and become the best shooter I can possibly be. I don't see how being a woman effects any of that.

Pink is my color. Yes I consider myself a girly girl, no I don't think that means I shouldn't shoot and that's not why I shoot pink. You really want to know why I shoot pink?... because it supports a cause, a reason, it provides hope. I'm proud to own and shoot pink arrows. I'm PROUD to be part of the pink arrow project. If you don't like the fact that I'm a woman and I shoot pink, well you can just shove off.

Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment