Thursday, February 3, 2011

Goals for Archery Night

Alright it's archery night, just like every Thursday. I've been extra anxious for tonight for some reason. We are installing my peep sight, kisser button, and I'm getting to shoot my new arrows! I've decided that I NEED to start setting goals for myself each time I shoot, weather it's improving my score or improving something else, I need a goal.
So my goal for tonight is to improve my score by 100 points, that would bring me to 255, it's not a fabulous number, but we all have to start somewhere. I also want to try the floating trick, I'm thinking over aiming is where 95% of my accuracy problems are steaming from. Well see, I'll let you know how I get on.
My other goal is to just enjoy myself. Let shooting relax me, and stop worrying about all my other problems. I'm there to shoot, I'm there to be confident and not let anyone break me down. I need to be confident in my ability to shoot, not cocky, just confident.
So here goes nothing! Wish me Luck!
Becks

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what rounds you shoot, but 100 points is a big goal. Reduce it down a bit to make it achievable, say 25 points. I am not saying this because you cant make 100 points, but just smaller goals will be reachable sooner and you will see progress. But don't worry if you don't hit it. I will often set a goal, and if I am within a couple of points, then that's OK.

    As for aiming, just look at what you want to hit, but don't try and hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we shoot two diffrent types of rounds. Dots and Animals, I'm sorry i haven't been enlightened as to what their actual names are, but I've been trying to research to find out! Maybe you'll know...
    Dots are 12 ends of three (I believe it's Vegas because the targets are in a triangle) and Animals are 12 ends of six ...
    I have a lot to learn! I'm a rookie for sure :)
    I did set my goals very high, I wasn't to disappointed with the results. You are right about 25 points at a time. But this week I'm just hoping for an even 200! Just stay the same!
    But your floating trick worked well for me! As long as I relaxed and listened to myself!

    ReplyDelete