Saturday, December 31, 2011

The New Life: Changes

The nightmares stopped that night. Instead I dreamt of shooting and riding, I dreamt of the Olympics and the gold medal. The next morning I sat at the dining room table as D read the paper. "Has she ever visited you before?" I asked.
He laid the paper down, a puzzled look swept across his face, "A couple of times. I figured she would be around yesterday." He said.
I cocked my head to the side, "Why?"
He smiled, "I felt you let go, let go of fear. I saw the hope come back to you. I knew she was here."
I smiled, "It was that noticeable."
He nodded, "What changed that? What brought the hope back?"
"I'm not sure. I guess it's just because I'm tired of being sad. Tired of pretending everything is okay, so I decided that it really is okay."
"Is that why you are shooting better?" He asked.
I shook my head, "No that's because of spite."
He laughed, "What?"
"I'm going to get competitive. I'm going to put my heart and soul into shooting that bow. Because I am a woman scorned and Hell hath no furry..."
"Like a woman scorned." He said with a smile.
"One day I'll be at the top." I said with a smile, "One day I'll have that gold medal. If it isn't from riding it'll be from shooting."
He smiled, "Here's the Beck I've been waiting for."
I nodded, "Yep. She's here to stay to."

No comments:

Post a Comment