Monday, December 5, 2011

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Broken Promise


D sat across from the table. He looked over his beer glass with a straight face. “What did you do?”

I squirmed in my chair, “I messed my bow up.”

He sighed, “Beck I told you if you needed something done you needed to ask Bowman or me.”

“Well Bowman wasn’t exactly an option. I asked, I know, and you, you were a little absent. What did you want!” I said getting frustrated.

“We had a deal. You broke your promise. You are going to have to figure out how to fix it yourself.” He said leaning back in his chair.

I sighed, “Fine.”

We sat in silence for awhile. “I mean it Beck. Fix it or I won’t buy you that new bow.” He said sternly staring me down.

“I got it D. Now can we change the subject?” I took a drink of my wine and stared at him.

“What do you want to talk about?” He asked.

“Well for starters why you’re being so damn pissy?” I said setting my glass on the table.

He sighed, “I’m just frustrated.”

“With what?” I asked.

“You.”

I sighed and put my head in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment