Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dear Cupid, I'll give you free lessons!


Dear Cupid,



I feel it’s time for us to converse once again. Archer to archer here, you really need to work on your aim. As an archery instructor I’d like to give you a few pointers, heck I'll even through in a few free lessons!



First off if you drop your arm your arrow is going to hit low. We’ve seen this in the number of assholes you’ve sent my way. Don’t drop your arm any more, pretty please.  If you flinch while releasing, your arrow has a high chance that it’s going to hit high. I’ve yet to see this, I imagine if you were doing this specifically you’d be sending some pretty intellectual guys my way… Again I don’t think this is your problem. Your grip on the bow is very important. If you torque the bow it’ll fling your arrow to the left or to the right, usually causing you to miss, in my case it usually causes my arrow to fling into the wall. If you get really close to your target it doesn’t make much difference, we are talking really, really close, like five yards. I think this is your major problem; you’ve really missed a couple of excellent choices lately. But don't worry, maybe we will get a second shot at them! If they are like mulies they run in a pattern.



So now you are wondering how to fix this problem, right? Well first off I’ll show you your targets, then I’ll get you really close so that the torque isn’t such a problem. When we start to add some yardages I want you to make sure you are using the correct pin on your sight, if you use the wrong pin your arrow could hit high or even low, and well no more low shots please. Don’t drop your arm, otherwise we’ll be in trouble.



Don’t be nervous I’ll be right there with you through it all. We will turn you into a top notch archer! One who can out shoot me! Hopefully it won’t take to long either.



See you soon for your lesson!



Love, Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment