Sunday, September 11, 2011

The New Life: P.S. I Love You


There comes a point in any relationship when you just know. When you know that your life will never be the same, when you couldn’t possibly be the same person without them, when you know that this is what love is meant to be. Today that point was solidified to me.

It hit me with a rush of happiness as I sat in the passenger side of the truck and looked out across the meadow. My eyes welled with tears as I realized he has my heart and I am perfectly happy with that.

As he sat listening to my granddad’s stories this afternoon I couldn’t help but smile. He seemed to be content listening to the old man’s stories about hunting and guns. As the gun show went on he seemed genuinely interested in the guns, guns that grandpa built. When we went to shoot blue rocks he encouraged me and told me when I made good shots. He built my confidence, instead of breaking me down. Because of that I improved, slightly, but its improvement.

When I sat in the passenger side of the truck and looked across the meadow into the sandhills I couldn’t help but fight the strong tears of happiness. I stepped out of the truck and choked them back. As he hugged me I kept from bursting into tears. It’s odd to me, these tears of happiness; I’ve never really had them before.

I’ve had that feeling, the feeling that he might just be the one, for awhile now. I had it before we even started dating; it grew stronger the first time we kissed, the first time he picked me up off the ground. I felt it at the range when he promised me we’d get my bow figured out before I left for Alaska. I felt it as I sat in the stands at the demo derby, when he made it into the main, and then as he stood on the hood of his car at the end of the race. It pounded hard in my chest the first time I rode on the bike with him. The first time he rode my horses I knew that hard pounding was for real. But today as it swelled in my chest I knew there was no going back.

Of course there will be times when I’m so upset with him I’ll doubt that feeling. But there is no denying it, I’m whole heartily in love with him, and there is no going back. He’s won the key to my heart and I am perfectly happy with that.

P.S. Bowman I love you the most. Ha I won!

Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment