Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Connection

I knocked my arrow, drew back anchored and settled into the shot. I focused on the target behind my pin and stopped wrestling it. I relaxed and started to push and pull. My trigger went off and I heard the arrow smack the target. I ignored where it had hit and drew again, following the same sequence. The trigger went off and I heard the arrow hit. Once again I drew, release the trigger and then settled my bow onto the bow stand. I walked down range expecting to see arrows all over the target, but instead I found a nice group. Three arrows level to center but a little to the left.
I smiled and relaxed into the rest of my shots. Some were good some were bad but I never held onto the shots, once they were out of my control I let them go and didn't worry about them. I shot so much better. I have finally made the connection in my head, being relaxed equals better shots.
I cased my bow and came home, happy with the improvement, but knowing full well the struggle isn't over yet. I still have some bad habits and I have to get over them, hopefully my pro will be able to help me with that.

Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment