Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reinvention Part One

As I said before I'm reinventing myself as a shooter. It's a pretty drastic measure, but I feel it needs to be done. Week one went really well. I'm working on a blank boss setting myself up into my stance and getting comfortable with my anchors. I'm working on my release, making it back tension and consistent. I am also working on not torquing the bow, which means I have to hold it differently, I still find myself switching the hand hold and torquing the bow every few shots, but I'm catching myself. I want to be able to reach the point of no return and trust that my release and hand hold won't screw up the shot.
My back muscles are really sore. I was previously injured in a riding accident and since then my neck and shoulder muscles have never been the same. I'm not sure I'm properly shooting back tension, because it really hurts, but it could be my injury flaring up. I'm just not sure.
The main reason I want to reinvent myself is because of my target panic. Not only am I not confident in myself I am for sure panicked when it comes too shooting a target. In the 3D all of my shoots were to the right, because I'm torquing the bow at the last moment. So along with shooting a blank boss to work on my stance, hold, and release I am working on curing my target panic.
I'm happy with this weeks progress. I'm not frustrated anymore and I'm finally starting to enjoy shooting again. I've got a lot of work to do, but I've got all the time in the world to get it done. I definitely don't need to be rushing.
Next weekend is Bow hunter Ed Class. I'm super excited because afterwards I can finally start to take my hunting trips!! I get to go turkey hunting in the pine ridge in April, hog hunting in Texas sometime this summer, but what I am most excited about is my trip to moose hunt in Alaska this fall!
Sonny must be smiling down on me. I know she is because life is starting to improve, I'm starting to be happy again and become the confident young woman I once was. I just wish this stupid divorce would get a going. I really don't want to wait till June to get this over with, I'm ready now! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment