Sunday, July 8, 2012

The New Life: Closure


D sighed as he sat down in the chair across from me. I knew he’d looked over my shoulder as he walked by, to curious to just ask who I was texting. “That better not be who I think it is.”

I looked up at him, “why?”

“Because I told you if you ever when back to him, to that situation, I was disowning you.” He said sternly, anger building in his voice.

I sighed and set my phone in my lap, “My closure is all that is happening here.”

He looked out of the corner of his eye, “honest?”

I nodded, “honest.” I picked up my phone, finished what I was texing then shut it off then laid it on the coffee table. D was still staring at me, I knew he wanted more of an explanation, I sighed, “I wouldn’t go back not now, no matter what was to happen. Friends yes, but as anything more no.”

“What’s changed this?” D asked, “Another man?”

I shook my head, “a dream.”

“What?” He asked.

“I have a dream for my future. It doesn’t include anything he can offer me. Besides he doesn’t want a relationship and I no longer want one either.” I said as I stared at Bella lying next to me on the couch.

“I’m not buying it.” D said settling back in his chair.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because for almost a year now you’ve run around, every other sentence about him, I guess I can give you credit though, I haven’t heard much since the accident.” He said as Bella rolled over.

“My focus is on changing myself, becoming the woman I want to be, becoming closer to God. Its on the shoot in Vegas, the Sportster, my horses, repairing my relationship with my best friend… I have no reason, no need, to find myself in a relationship with him or anyone for that matter.” I said quietly.

“What about More?” D asked.

I shook my head, “no relationship, not for a while anyway. We’ve both agreed he has some improvements he has to make, and I’m certainly no where near perfect. Our friendship is strictly that, if we find ourselves together later on then I guess that’s what will happen. But not right now..”

“How about the other guy?” D asked.

My heart froze in my chest, “the other guy?”

“Yeah Charming.” D said softly.

It was where he caught me, I stammered a little, “We’ll see.”

He laughed, “you didn’t cover that up very well.”

“I don’t want to rush into loving anyone at this point. I felt as if he was rushing me, we just need to settle into a good groove and let it be for awhile.” I said softly.

“Baby Girl you’ve grown up!” D said loudly, Bella jumped and growled at him.

“You’re an ass.” I said as I stroked the silver dog.

“We’ll it’s the truth.” He said quieter, glaring at his dog.

I smiled at him, “closure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment