Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Bowhunter's Legacy: The 414

Saturday was off to a rough start at the R100. I missed the first target, dropped the arrow completely out of the animal, simply because I didn't want to trust my pins. For whatever reason I was convinced that they were just a little low. They weren't and after a 0 two 5s and an 8 I realized it was all my imagination.

The group decided to shoot the African Safari side the first day, and it's a good thing we did. It was hot but with the breeze it was bearable. However the course was a longer hike and it would not have been bearable if we had done it the second day.
The score after day one was a measly 337 out of 600.

Day two was an easier start. With two 10s and three 12s right out of the box I knew I was cooking. I was able to relax into the shoot and simply enjoy life. I loved being surrounded with my family and shooting with them. Through it all I realized it was where I needed to be. The decision about moving struck me as I shot my last target. I suddenly knew that not only would I improve shooting I knew my life as a whole would improve, that I'd be able to get back on track.
Day two ended with a 414 out of 600.
I didn't shoot dead last either day and I was only 45 points behind the leader of day 2. I'm happy with my progress and happy with the conclusions I've come to. I'll be leaving Hometown as soon as I can find myself a better job...

No comments:

Post a Comment