Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The New Life: This Time for Good


“You coming up for the Big Buck?” D asked.

I hesitated, “I don’t know yet.”

“Well I hope you’ll come.” He said quietly.

“Can I stay?” I asked fighting back the tears.

“Of course.” He replied.

“No I mean for good.” I said as the first tear rolled down my cheek.

“What happened?” He asked.

“I’m tired and I need out.”

He paused, “Oh babes.”

“I don’t want to talk about it. I just want out.” I whispered.

“Okay. You come and we will figure something out.” He replied.

“Thanks for being the best.” I mumbled.



We talked about my scores and talked about me shooting in the Classic. I was hesitant. The competition is so much stiffer. The ladies there have been shooting a lot longer; they’ve got most of it figured out. “But if you don’t try you’ll never know.” D had protested. So I guess it’s in my future to shoot one of these competitions, and maybe stay in Omaha for good.

As for what is making me run, well it’s the same things. It’s Bowman, the best friend, and the want of a happily ever after. I knew coming home was a mistake, but I let this town suck me back in. Because no matter how much I complain, no matter how mad it makes me, it is my hometown, and I won’t be able to escape it for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment